Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The longest 18 days of my life

I was so excited to update my blog whenever I will be home from vacation. But, I never expected to update it with this kind of post.

We are on our most awaited vacation in Bohol when after our tour for the day, my mother accidentally fell on the tiled floor of her cousin's place not noticing the step down from the elevated part of the house with all her weight on her right hip.
You see my mom has rheumatoid arthritis causing her difficulty in walking. We need to assist and watched her while walking and especially on stairs. But that day, I too did not notice the uneven floor. My mother cried in pain, can't even sit or stand. We called an ambulance and brought her to the hospital in Tagbilaran City. The diagnosis: Fracture femural neck right. The doctors explained that my mother needed an operation for her to walk. I was really frightened having all these in a place far away from home not the mention the money needed for the operation and above all, seeing my mother in pain. The doctors did a partial hip anthroplasty, right hip with cemented bone. May mother stayed in the hospital from May 11-26 and finally we traveled home on the 28th. 18 days and it felt like I've aged for 18 years.

I really thank God for the strength given going through all this... my aunts and relatives in Bohol for all the help and the 6 doctors who attended to my mom.

No comments: